[New Product] Disney Pet Beds
Millions of Americans have grown up loving the many enchanting characters and stories Disney studios have given us over the years. Now, they’ve brought their unique flair to a special line of products just for pets! Disney Pet Beds are designed to bring a touch of that whimsical Disney style to your home while providing your pet with a cute, comfy resting spot he or she will adore.
Should pets have their own beds?
Whether or not you allow your pets to sleep on sofas, chairs or on your own bed is a personal preference. While some pet parents wouldn’t have it any other way, others feel more comfortable providing their pets with special places in the home just for them. Regardless, there are benefits of providing your pet with a bed of his or her own.
- Control shedding, dander, and pests: Of course, if your pet sleeps with you or on your furniture, there will be a certain amount of loose hair, flaky skin and the possibility of fleas and/or ticks that could find their way onto your bed or sofa. Daily brushing, bathing your pet with a shed-control shampoo, and keeping up with flea and tick protection will keep all of these to a minimum. However, if your pet has a bed where he or she spends the majority of daily nap or sleep time, clean-up will be easier.
- Visitors: There are times when it’s a good idea to have a special place for your pet to feel safe, comfortable and secluded yet still feel like part of the family. When there’s a knock at the door, sending your pet to his or her bed can help keep the chaos to a minimum. Training your pet to retreat to his or her bed on command is much better than simply locking pets in another room while visitors are in the home, as this can heighten anxiety and worsen behavioral problems.
- Private time: There are also times when your pet wants to keep an eye on what’s going on in the home, but still feel a sense of seclusion and privacy. After all, pets like alone time, too! We all need a little space once in a while, and having a personal resting spot can provide comfort and warmth.
- Multiple pet households: In a perfect world, all of our pets get along perfectly all the time and love curling up together for a cuddlefest. But as any multi-pet parent knows, personalities and moods get in the way of brotherly or sisterly love sometimes. That’s why it’s best to provide each pet with his or her own place to get away from it all. This is especially true in homes where some pets are a bit older than others.
How to train your dog to go bed
Sending your dog to bed is one thing, but getting him or her to stay there is even more challenging! Training your pet to ‘go to bed’ and stay there will take some effort, but the results will pay off for years to come. The basic steps to train your dog are below. More detailed instructions for how to train your dog to go to bed and stay there until released can be found in the article “Teaching Your Dog To Go To His Bed” on the American Kennel Club’s website.
- Place the new dog bed on the floor next to you and invite your dog to check it out. If your dog sniffs, paws or lies on the bed without the need for encouragement, reward him or her with a small treat by putting the treat on the bed. If your dog doesn’t show immediate interest, lure him or her into the bed with the treat and give the treat when your pet is in a down position. After lying on the bed for a few seconds, release him or her with an “okay” or “free” command, then encourage your pet to get off of the bed.
- Repeat the process above 3-4 times.
- Next, simply stand next to the bed and see if your pet gets back on the bed. If so, reward with another treat. Give an extra treat if he or she stays on the bed without prompting.
- Now, name the behavior by standing next to the bed and saying “bed”. When your dog gets on the bed and lies down, use that cue word and then reward. When you want your dog to get up, say the “okay” or “free” command (be sure to be consistent with your word choice).
- Next, practice extending the duration of the stay and the distance from which you give the command. Gradually increase the time your pet is instructed to stay on the bed and reward appropriately. Once this is mastered, practice giving your pet the “bed” command from different places in your home, again rewarding appropriately.
Disney Pet Beds inspire delightful doggy (or kitty) dreams
Disney Pet Beds bring a new level of snuggle to your pet’s special place.
Each style is made to appeal to your pet’s natural need for comfy seclusion while adding a bit of that Disney charm to your home. Available in three different designs, there’s one for every pet’s preference.
Small pets who crave their own little pet caves will love the Minnie Mouse Pet Dome. This den-shaped bed is filled with a cute red and white polka dot cushion and topped with Minnie ears and big polka dot bow. The removable inner cushion is machine washable for easy cleaning. The Minnie Mouse Pet Dome is ideal for cats or dogs weighing up to 12 lbs.
Those who need a little more versatility will love the Mickey Mouse 2-in-1 Honeycomb Hut, a domed pet bed that can also be collapsed into a cuddler bed. It has a removable, fiber-filled cushion featuring a jaunty black and white Mickey Mouse pattern on one side and solid black color on the other side. The exterior is covered in a textured microplush fabric in black, red and white made to look like Mickey Mouse’s pants. The entire Mickey Mouse 2-in-1 Honeycomb Hut can be safely machine washed and dried and accommodates dogs up to 12 lbs or cats up to 15 lbs.
For pets who love to cuddle under the covers, there’s the Mickey Mouse Cozy Cuddler with a built-in hood/blanket. It has a removable microplush cushion with the beloved black and white Mickey Mouse pattern on one side and solid black color on the reverse. This entire bed is machine washable and dryable and is perfect for pets that weigh up to 20 lbs.
All three beds have bottoms made of waterproof fabric to help protect carpets and floors against accidental pet messes, and each is made with the care and quality that the Disney brand is known for. Give your furry little character the gift of a cozy Disney Pet Bed and add a little extra fun to your home.