[New Product] Disney Pet Beds
Millions of Americans have grown up loving the many enchanting characters and stories Disney studios have given us over the years. Now, they’ve brought their unique flair to a special line of products just for pets! Disney Pet Beds are designed to bring a touch of that whimsical Disney style to your home while providing your pet with a cute, comfy resting spot he or she will adore.
Should pets have their own beds?
Whether or not you allow your pets to sleep on sofas, chairs or on your own bed is a personal preference. While some pet parents wouldn’t have it any other way, others feel more comfortable providing their pets with special places in the home just for them. Regardless, there are benefits of providing your pet with a bed of his or her own.
- Control shedding, dander, and pests: Of course, if your pet sleeps with you or on your furniture, there will be a certain amount of loose hair, flaky skin and the possibility of fleas and/or ticks that could find their way onto your bed or sofa. Daily brushing, bathing your pet with a shed-control shampoo, and keeping up with flea and tick protection will keep all of these to a minimum. However, if your pet has a bed where he or she spends the majority of daily nap or sleep time, clean-up will be easier.
- Visitors: There are times when it’s a good idea to have a special place for your pet to feel safe, comfortable and secluded yet still feel like part of the family. When there’s a knock at the door, sending your pet to his or her bed can help keep the chaos to a minimum. Training your pet to retreat to his or her bed on command is much better than simply locking pets in another room while visitors are in the home, as this can heighten anxiety and worsen behavioral problems.
- Private time: There are also times when your pet wants to keep an eye on what’s going on in the home, but still feel a sense of seclusion and privacy. After all, pets like alone time, too! We all need a little space once in a while, and having a personal resting spot can provide comfort and warmth.
- Multiple pet households: In a perfect world, all of our pets get along perfectly all the time and love curling up together for a cuddlefest. But as any multi-pet parent knows, personalities and moods get in the way of brotherly or sisterly love sometimes. That’s why it’s best to provide each pet with his or her own place to get away from it all. This is especially true in homes where some pets are a bit older than others.
How to train your dog to go bed
Sending your dog to bed is one thing, but getting him or her to stay there is even more challenging! Training your pet to ‘go to bed’ and stay there will take some effort, but the results will pay off for years to come. The basic steps to train your dog are below. More detailed instructions for how to train your dog to go to bed and stay there until released can be found in the article “Teaching Your Dog To Go To His Bed” on the American Kennel Club’s website.
- Place the new dog bed on the floor next to you and invite your dog to check it out. If your dog sniffs, paws or lies on the bed without the need for encouragement, reward him or her with a small treat by putting the treat on the bed. If your dog doesn’t show immediate interest, lure him or her into the bed with the treat and give the treat when your pet is in a down position. After lying on the bed for a few seconds, release him or her with an “okay” or “free” command, then encourage your pet to get off of the bed.
- Repeat the process above 3-4 times.
- Next, simply stand next to the bed and see if your pet gets back on the bed. If so, reward with another treat. Give an extra treat if he or she stays on the bed without prompting.
- Now, name the behavior by standing next to the bed and saying “bed”. When your dog gets on the bed and lies down, use that cue word and then reward. When you want your dog to get up, say the “okay” or “free” command (be sure to be consistent with your word choice).
- Next, practice extending the duration of the stay and the distance from which you give the command. Gradually increase the time your pet is instructed to stay on the bed and reward appropriately. Once this is mastered, practice giving your pet the “bed” command from different places in your home, again rewarding appropriately.
Disney Pet Beds inspire delightful doggy (or kitty) dreams
Disney Pet Beds bring a new level of snuggle to your pet’s special place.
Each style is made to appeal to your pet’s natural need for comfy seclusion while adding a bit of that Disney charm to your home. Available in three different designs, there’s one for every pet’s preference.
Small pets who crave their own little pet caves will love the Minnie Mouse Pet Dome. This den-shaped bed is filled with a cute red and white polka dot cushion and topped with Minnie ears and big polka dot bow. The removable inner cushion is machine washable for easy cleaning. The Minnie Mouse Pet Dome is ideal for cats or dogs weighing up to 12 lbs.
Those who need a little more versatility will love the Mickey Mouse 2-in-1 Honeycomb Hut, a domed pet bed that can also be collapsed into a cuddler bed. It has a removable, fiber-filled cushion featuring a jaunty black and white Mickey Mouse pattern on one side and solid black color on the other side. The exterior is covered in a textured microplush fabric in black, red and white made to look like Mickey Mouse’s pants. The entire Mickey Mouse 2-in-1 Honeycomb Hut can be safely machine washed and dried and accommodates dogs up to 12 lbs or cats up to 15 lbs.
For pets who love to cuddle under the covers, there’s the Mickey Mouse Cozy Cuddler with a built-in hood/blanket. It has a removable microplush cushion with the beloved black and white Mickey Mouse pattern on one side and solid black color on the reverse. This entire bed is machine washable and dryable and is perfect for pets that weigh up to 20 lbs.
All three beds have bottoms made of waterproof fabric to help protect carpets and floors against accidental pet messes, and each is made with the care and quality that the Disney brand is known for. Give your furry little character the gift of a cozy Disney Pet Bed and add a little extra fun to your home.
Win a FREE Disney Pet Bed!
Would your cat or dog love a FREE Disney Pet Bed? Just leave a comment below and you could win a FREE Disney Pet Bed for your cat or dog from 1800PetMeds!
Three (3) winners will be chosen at random on Tuesday, October 10, 2017, so everyone who participates has a chance to win! (Limited to residents of the U.S.) Good luck!
Congrats to the drawing winners: Danielle, Cheryl S, and Dora M. Look for an email from us about how to claim your prize.
Love the beds My sweet Miley would love to have this bed!
I am a die hard Mickey Mouse fan and so are my five dogs. I would love to win one for at least one of my dogs.
We have a bulldog who would like to win this bed
Both my dogs would love to have a Disney bed to share instead of an old beat up comforter!!
Adorable! My two little “fur babies” would love a new Disney bed to share. Harley and Bentley send their love and gratitude. 🙂
Annie and Debbie love their beds! And yes, they often sleep in our bed too.
My 14 year old princess, Bridget Bardot, would look absolutely adorable in a Minnie bed!
My Dorkie would look so cute in this! He hates the light when he sleeps so this would be perfect!
My Peppi would love a new bed & this Disney one would be adorable for her. She likes her Mickey Mouse toy so this would be ideal. She loves to take her bed everywhere thruout the house & this would make it easy to do. She would cherish a new bed.
This would be ideal for either the cat or my small dog it would go great in my living room with all my Micky Mouse pillows I do notice the dog likes beds he can crawl into thank you for showing us such a Great little bed
Peppi loves Disney character toys & I know she would cherish a Mickey bed of her very own. She would be able to carry it wherever she wanted to sleep. She is hoping to win this gorgeous bed & would be forever thankful.
I know my cats would love this Mickey Mouse bed especially when there is one they can hide into. Thank you so much.
Those Disney beds look super cute and coozy. My dog, Houston, would love one of the Mickey Mouse beds especially since he likes to cuddle up with a blanket and hide.
Bo is a hard working Dog. He’s a service dog and he deserve a beautifully comfortable Disney bed from ER meds : ) wish Bo luck.
My cat, Princess Watson would love one of those beds, and she would look adorable sleeping in it 😻
My cat, Zoey, deserves to have one of those great Disney beds! She is an awesome cat and loves to cuddle up in a cozy, warm bed or blanket.
My Cat Zoey deserves one of those comfy, Disney beds. She is an awesome cat and loves to cuddle up in a warm, comfy bed!
We have a Morkie. She is a wonderful addition to our family. She would love this bed. We are Disney lovers. We go to Disney every year and would love to have a Disney bed for Chloe.
My little girl would love that
All the cats said they would love to win a bed for their dream’s of Mickey and Minnie Mouse. You rock 1-800-PetMeds.
my mini pinscher rescue and i would love and appreciate a new bed. and a dsney bed would be awesome!
Rosco said he would love the hoodie bed if he won. He likes to get under blankets to snuggle. He thinks he could also use it for a hide out when he gets in trouble, and he is forever in trouble. Don’t know where he learned all of if his mischievous in 8 months but he could graduate with honors and be the “Top Puppy” in his class.
Sammy or Samantha would love to cuddle inside one of there favorite Disney Beds 😀 Let’s keep my babies warm from the Chicago Winters
This would be perfect for Nike! My little Maltese mix would love this bed. It’s perfect for our Florida life, which Disney is a big part of!
My dog Bella is having puppies any day now. We don’t have a bed to keep the pups in so it would be amazing if we could win one of those cute beds! We love Disney and are big fans! Good luck to everyone. ;D