[New Product] Gen7Pets Carry Me Carrier
Traveling with pets can be stressful for you both. You worry about their comfort, sometimes at the expense of your own. Pet parents who travel often struggle to find the right pet carrier for travel by car, plane or hand. It’s not unusual to have several different models for different travel conditions. The versatile Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier keeps your pet safe and comfortable no matter how you’re traveling, to help make the trip easier for you both.
Air travel tips for pets
Flying with your pet requires extra planning and forethought. The first thing you should consider is how much of a toll the flight will take on your pet. Just like people, pets have their own personalities and emotional challenges when it comes to new experiences.
If your pet is older, in fragile health or otherwise vulnerable, it is probably best to make boarding arrangements or hire a pet sitter so your pet can remain grounded until your return. If you feel your pet is up for the adventure, do all you can to ensure a safe, easy trip for you both.
Here are a few suggestions to prepare for a safe flight with your pet.
- Before you buy your ticket, check out the U.S. Department of Transportation Air Travel Consumer Reports that includes Airline Animal Incident Reports, so you can see which airline will treat your pet best.
- Plan to travel during off-peak hours, as far from holidays as possible.
- Review your airline’s weight/dimensions limits for pets and pet carriers. If possible, get a seat with extra legroom if your pet is allowed in the cabin. Book a direct flight to cut down on travel time. Travel on the same flight as your pet if you must put him or her in the cargo hold. Let the airline cabin staff know that your pet is traveling with you when you board the plane.
- Get a health clearance certificate from your veterinarian within 10 days of your flight. Ask your vet if a tranquilizer or sedative is recommended. In most cases, these are not necessary and can even make the trip more dangerous for your pet. Be sure your pet is up-to-date on vaccines, heartworm prevention, and flea & tick protection, and has adequate supplies of any prescription pet medications before you embark on your journey. Carry a photo of your pet in case you get separated during your trip.
- If your pet is traveling in the cargo hold, make sure the flight accommodates extreme temperatures. Place a sticker on your pet’s crate with your pet’s name, your name, your home address and phone number, the address and phone number where you’ll be staying during your trip and an emergency contact number of a friend or family member. Make sure your pet’s collar and ID tags can’t get caught on the interior of the crate in any way. Trim nails so that they, too, are unlikely to get caught in crevices or doors of your pet carrier. Never let short-nosed pets such as Pekingese, Chow Chows, Pugs, French Bulldogs or Persian cats fly in the cargo hold, as their breathing can be compromised.
- Make sure your pet hasn’t eaten for at least 4 hours prior to your trip. Give your pet only small amounts of water to avoid any accidents during times you are unable to find a patch of grass or pet rest area. Line your pet carrier with a Wee-Wee Pad just in case. An ice cube or two in an attached water tray may be a good solution to keep your pet hydrated without splashing.
- As soon as you land, inspect your pet for any health problems. If he or she seems unwell or has been injured, seek veterinary advice immediately and get documentation of your pet’s condition, as well as the date and time in case there is need to alert the airline.
Whether you’re taking off or staying grounded, be sure to keep water, food, treats, and a leash handy when traveling with your pet. As soon as you’re able, you’ll want to reward your pet for being such a good travel companion.
Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier is perfect for pets on the go
The Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier was designed to be the pet carrier traveling pet parents always wished they had! Versatile, comfortable, and stylish, this pet carrier will replace all the others.
Lightweight, soft-sided and built to handle any mode of transportation, the Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier feels like your pet’s home away from home.
The roomy yet cozy interior is lined with a machine-washable Smart-Comfort pad to keep your pet feeling as comfortable as being home in that special pet bed. The two end panel doors give you easy access to let your pet in or out, or just reach in and give a loving caress. There’s also an interior tether to connect to your pet’s collar for extra safety.
The Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier has an easy-grab tote handle, as well as a shoulder strap and built-in backstraps that can be used with a seat belt or over an extendable luggage handle for safe cruising through the airport. The breathable nylon and mesh construction means less clunkiness and no hard sides to harm your pet. The side zippered pockets allow you to store pet accessories or personal belongings, while the end panel pouch accommodates a water bottle to help keep you and your pet hydrated on your journey.
Measuring 20" L x 13" H x 9" W and weighing only 2.5 lbs, the Gen7Pets Carry-Me Pet Carrier is ideal for pets weighing 20 lbs or less. Best of all, it’s approved by most major airlines for in-cabin pet travel!