[New Product] Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame
For most of us, a house just isn’t a home without a pet. Millions of families value their pets as furry family members. A child’s experience of growing up with that special pet will stay with him or her through an entire lifetime. Create a special keepsake to celebrate the important role your pet plays in your family with the Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame. This high-quality, heirloom frame holds both a favorite pet photo as well as a custom pawprint impression that’s easy and fun to make right in your own home.
Do children benefit from having a pet?
Just as every person is different, so is every pet. Regardless of whether your pet is a cat or dog, high-strung or low-key, we all benefit from sharing our lives with a furry friend. This is especially true in households with children. Though many parents worry that having a pet in the home with small children may cause asthma, it turns out the opposite is true. A study performed in Sweden from 2001-2010 and published in JAMA Pediatrics revealed that infants who lived in a home with a dog were actually 13% less likely to develop asthma by age 6 than those who lived in homes without dogs. But the benefits of having a pet during childhood certainly don’t stop there. Children can learn many life lessons from loving and caring for a pet, such as:
- Responsibility – As children grow and take on pet care duties like brushing, walking, feeding, and bathing pets they learn about being responsible for another being’s health and happiness. This helps develop empathy and the ability to put someone else’s needs above their own wants.
- Socializing – Having a pet can often bring even introverted children into social situations that they may otherwise shy away from. When you are out with your pet for a walk or playtime, other children naturally show interest. Likewise, most children are proud to share stories about their pets with new friends, which helps them express themselves with ease.
- Feeling safe – Pets often make children feel safer and give them someone to confide in when feeling lonely or sad. Dogs and cats always seem to listen without judgment and provide comforting companionship in times of loneliness.
- Stress reduction – As any pet owner knows, curling up on the sofa and petting your dog and cat helps ease the stress of the day. Pets bring a smile to your face, lower your blood pressure, and reduce anxiety for you both.
- Enjoyment of exercise – Just like kids, pets love to play! Even when parents get too tired to run or throw the football, pets are always there to chase a favorite toy or go for a run. Playing with a dog or cat is an excellent way to keep a child from spending all of his or her leisure time in front of a computer, cell phone, TV or video game.
- Respect – Caring for a pet can teach a child respect for nature and the importance of being gentle and considerate.
- Confidence, self-esteem & maturity – As a child grows and becomes more involved with caring for a pet, so does his or her self-esteem and self-confidence. The ‘I can do it’ feeling of walking a pet for the first time or remembering to fill an empty food dish is very empowering to a growing child. When they understand that their pets depend on them, children are usually proud to rise to the occasion.
- Generosity – Whether it’s sharing a bit of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or scooting over to make room on the bed, children learn how good it feels to be generous by sharing with their pets.
The truth is, pets can have the same impact on family members of all ages! Having a pet in the home can be beneficial for the entire family to strengthen family bonds and remind us what unconditional love is all about. Of course, parents must teach children how to respect a pet’s boundaries, as well as train pets how to behave with children.
Create an heirloom keepsake of your special furry family member with the Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame
Celebrate the special love you have for your pet with the Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame. Available as either a hinged desk frame or a wall frame, these classically styled mahogany wood frames display a favorite pet photo along with a pawprint impression you create right at home.
The Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Hinged Desk Frame measures 11.5″ x 7.5″, while the Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Wall Frame measures 12″ x 9.5″. Both styles hold a 4″ x 6″ pet photo on one side and a custom-molded pawprint impression on the other side.
Each Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame kit contains everything you need to make a family heirloom dedicated to your beloved dog or cat, including the mahogany wood frame, glass, acid-free mat, air-dry impression material, rolling pin, shaping ruler, spacer, double-sided adhesive tape, and instructions.
Creating the pawprint is an easy, no-mess project. It’s a safe process that requires no heat or baking. Even children can partake in the fun.
Simply roll out the included impression material with the rolling pin, gently press your pet’s paw into the soft clay-like material, shape with the shaping tool and let dry. The good news is, if you’re not happy with the first pawprint results, simply knead the impression material and roll it smooth for another try!
When dry, attach the pawprint impression to the backing board included with the frame using the double-sided adhesive tape, insert your favorite photo of your pet and you have a keepsake your family will treasure for years to come.
Honor the unconditional love you and your family share with that special pet with the Pearhead Pawprints Keepsake Frame. It also makes a pawsitively purrfect gift for the pet lover in your life!