Daisy goes to the dogs for St. Patrick’s Day

Happy St. Patrick’s Day everybuddy. Are you all wearing green? If not, you might get a pinch! Lucky for me, I have this shiny necklace of green jewels to wear so I will not get pinched. My necklace is not made from real emeralds though– I guess you could say they are made from Sham-rocks!

SPD2I have green eyes, but I am not from Ireland. My breed is called “Devon Rex” and we came from the county of Devon in England. I was born in Florida though. Good thing, because I don’t have a passport! Did you know that there are lots of cool dog breeds that originated on the Emerald Isle?

SPD1

Here is a collage showing some of the dog breeds that originated in Ireland. They sure are a good-looking group! Besides the dogs pictured here, some other dogs native to Ireland are the Irish terrier, the Irish Red & White Setter, and the Kerry Beagle.

Irish dog breeds

Those are some great dogs, but here is my favorite Irish dog breed: the Irish Water Spaniel! I like this dog breed best on account of it has curly fur, just like me. People must really love the Irish Water Spaniel, because he’s getting lots of treats! This dog belongs to the AKC Sporting group, is active and intelligent and known as the clown of the spaniel family. He has a water-repellant coat and a tapered ratlike tail. For some reason, I really like that tail…

Irish water spaniel

And now, I will let you get back to your St. Patrick’s day festivities. But before I go, I would like to leave you with my Irish wish for you…

SPD3

May your paws never sweat
May your fur never shed
May your belly and toybox always be full
May you always have a warm lap upon which
to lay your furry head

1. your sham-rock joke nearly made me snort tea through my nose.

2. Those are some cool looking woofies! Thanks for sharing them with us Daisy!!!

3. Happy St. Patrick’s Day, Daisy! You look good in green 🙂

4. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

Oh, thank you! I should be a comedian 🙂

5. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:04 am

You’re welcome. Dogs are pretty cool!

6. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:05 am

Oh thank you miss Terrie!

7. Oh Daisy, that is such a nice Irish wish. We like those Irish Water dogs too. That curly hair is just the best. Hope all of you have a great St.Patrick’s day.

8. That is a wonderful post Daisy! You are so very smart! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Luf, Us and Maw

9. Daisy, we adore you in green! And thanks for the lesson about dogs. We are still kittens and have never seen one before. Hugs from Alfie (Alfalfa) and my sister Darla (and our mommeh, too).

10. Daisy, we wish the same for you too. You are just as sweet and pretty as ever and always! (((hugs))) pretty girl, it’s always nice to see you.

11. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:54 am

Thanks Marg, I hope you have a super day, too!

12. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:54 am

Happy St. Patty’s Day to you!

13. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:55 am

Green is a pretty good color! I learned about dogs but I have never met one in real life either (at least not yet).

14. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 11:56 am

Thanks for visiting and happy St. Patrick’s Day!

15. Happy St. Patrick’s Day to you Miss Daisy! I love your sham-rock necklace! My favorite Irish dog is the Irish Setter. We had one years ago and I named him Kerry Caleb Argyle McCool which translates to The Dark Dog From the Land of the Irish (McCool was his momma’s last name!) He was the best dog ever!

16. An Irish blessin ya can act shoe a lee reed & understand coz itz knot in trout ♥

May the good saints protect you
    And bless you today
    And may troubles ignore you
    Each step of the way
    Happy St Patrick’s Day !!

17. That is a very nice wish Daisy. The same right back to you, begorah!

18. Oooh Daisy! Wise and brilliant as EVER! ~ Allie

19. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 2:00 pm

Oh, he sounds like an awesome dog. Thanks for sharing!

20. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 2:01 pm

That’s a good one! Thanks 🙂

21. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Pricilla, I’ll bet real shamrocks taste delicious!

22. Daisy the Curly CatMarch 17, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Thanks Allie!

23. Happy St. Patrick’s Day Daisy and Harley too !!! You look so pretty with your beads on. My little granddaughter made us a card with a rainbow and a pot of gold. Now don’t you eat too many green things today.

24. Happy St. CATrick’s Day to you, Daisy!

25. You look fabulous in green, Daisy! Thank you for sharing about all those dogs with us, We kind of like that Irish Water Spaniel’s curly furs, too. 🙂

Happy St. Catrick’s Day to you, Harley and Mommeh!