How to get the most out of Hug Your Cat Day
Ohai. This is my Mommeh. Why is she so happy? Because I’m helping her get ready for National Hug Your Cat Day on Thursday. Humans seem to enjoy giving and receiving hugs, so it is our duty to indulge them (at least on this one day). To help everyone get the most out of this special day, I have prepared some tips!
Daisy’s Tips for Cats:
- Just relax and enjoy it!
- While you are being hugged, try purring in your human’s ear while gently kneading with your paws–they usually like this.
- Remember to keep your claws retracted (surprisingly, humans have quite delicate skin).
- No biting.
- Your human will likely be very happy after receiving your hug. Now is a good time to ask for a new toy or an increase in your allowance.
Daisy’s Tips for Humans:
- The standard payment is 1 cat treat for each hug given. If it is after normal hours, you should give your cat treats and a half.
- If your cat truly does not enjoy being hugged, some gentle petting, under-the-chin scratches or brushing might be appreciated instead.
- If your cat is not in a hugging mood, try again another time.
- If you do not already have a cat, now is a great time to consider adopting a cat from your local animal shelter or rescue!
I recommend you begin practicing as soon as possible since National Hug Your Cat Day is June 4th! Do you have any tips for successful hugging?