Tomorrow is National Dress Up Your Pet Day!

I am very excited because tomorrow is an important day…January 14th is National Dress Up Your Pet Day! As you may already know, I love to dress up in fancy outfits. Why do I enjoy dressing up? Well, besides the fact that I look even more beautiful than usual, my Mommeh makes sure to give me lots of hugs and kisses and treats as my reward for looking good and acting like a lady. If you’re interested in dressing up tomorrow to celebrate the occasion, I have some tips for you!

National Dress Up Your Pet Day is one of Daisy's favorite holidays

First and most importantly, choose an outfit that is easy to wear. Most of my suits fasten with velcro so they’re easy to get on and off. I like clothing that is easy to move around and play in, and things that are not too binding. If you aren’t sure you will enjoy wearing clothes (no matter how cute), try starting with something simple like a colorful bandanna instead. Or you could even try a fancy collar! Do not worry, you will look just as cute.

dress up4

I always look for outfits in a flattering color. Don’t be afraid to experiment; for example, I usually enjoy soft colors such as pink and lavender, but check out how great I look in this red number! If you try different things, you’ll soon find your own personal style.

dress up10

Once you have found a stylish and comfy outfit, practice your best expressions. Smiling is a little bit hard to master and takes a lot of concentration. The most important thing is to look natural. Can you tell my smile is fake here? I didn’t think so!

dress up9

Finally, keep your modeling sessions short and be sure you are well-rewarded with treats for all of your hard work. If you work longer than 5 minutes, the rules say you should be paid treats-and-a-half for overtime.

dress up8

Is your dog or cat planning on dressing up tomorrow?

1. my boyz still prefer to remain nekked.

2. Daisy — You look stunning in all of those outfits. I notice three of them are Hello Kitty ones! I laughed at your “treats and a half.” Hee.

I don’t think either of my kittehs would dress up, even with your expert tips. Maybe I should learn Photoshop and then I can dress them any way I want!

3. Thanks Daisy for all those hints. We sure will try to get dressed up for tomorrow. Daisy, you sure look good in all those dresses. Is 1-800 going to sell dresses or clothes for cats?? Sure is good to see you. How is that Harley boy. Take care.

4. Daisy, you are such a pro! You always look beautiful in your shots.
    Thank you for sharing your tips.

5. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:46 am

Harley feels the same way; it must be a boy thing!

6. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:47 am

Oh thank you! I didn’t even notice my Hello Kitty theme, I just picked my favorites 🙂

7. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:47 am

I’ve had years of practice!

8. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:48 am

That is a good idea, Marg. We did sell a hotdog suit for Halloween!

9. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 10:48 am

Oh thanks, TK!

10. Daisy, I’d like to see a picture of your closest. You have the best fancy dresses. Da Boyz have unanimously veto’d dressing up tomorrow. They said they like to show off their beautiful fur coats instead.

11. Treats and a half for overtime! That is great!

Luf, Us

12. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm

I think our built-in fur coat is the most glamorous outfit of all!

13. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Hooray for overtime modeling pay!

14. Daisy you are beautiful no matter what you do or do not wear.

15. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Pricilla, you are one nice goat!

16. You look stunning, as always, Daisy! Such pretty outfits 🙂

17. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 13, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Thanks Terrie! I haven’t had a chance to dress up in a while.

18. daisy…I must say the red number looks simply divine on you, and of course Hello Kitty can’t be wrong can she !!! I hope your new year is FABulous…hugs girl from dai$y =^..*=

19. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 14, 2014 at 8:38 am

Thanks dai$y! I hope you have a fab new year, too 🙂

20. I think my once a year outfit = Santa´s jacket and hat is moore than enough 🙂
    You look stunning as alway´s Daisy !

XOXO

21. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 14, 2014 at 11:45 am

I agree, once a year is enough to show your dress up style!

22. Those are some terrific tips, Miss Daisy! Our Angel Graphite used to like dressing up, but Moosey, Gracie and Zoe much prefer dressing up via PhotoShop. 🙂

23. Daisy the Curly CatJanuary 16, 2014 at 9:50 am

PhotoShop dress-up is fun (and stress free) too!

24. I am curious. Where do you get your wonderful clothes? Does your mommy make them Daisy?