How often should you wash your pet’s bowls?
Keeping pets healthy is at the top of each pet parent’s list. Usually, when we think of keeping them healthy, we think of giving them the right amount of high-quality pet food along with adequate amounts of water. Often, we forget that not only is what we put in the bowls important to our pet’s health, but how we take care of the bowls themselves as well. Even the cutest of bowls, like the French Bull Twiggy and Ziggy Bowls, need to be washed frequently.
What happens when you don’t frequently wash your pet’s bowls?
Just like us humans, our pets are just as susceptible to bacteria and viruses, many of which can from one of their favorite things: food and water bowls. Left unwashed and your pet’s bowls could be one of the most dangerous places for them. Pet food and water bowls are a very common breeding ground for bacteria—especially if you feed your pet wet food.
Both food and water bowls can harbor dangerous germs and bacteria like Salmonella and E. coli. If not disinfected, your pet’s bowls can be harmful and cause illness in both pets and people.
Tips for keeping your pet’s bowls in healthy conditions:
- Wash water bowl every day and replace with fresh water each time
- Wash food bowl after every meal
- Put them through the dishwasher on the top rack, if the bowls are dishwasher safe
- Hand wash in hot (hot as you can handle), soapy water
- Wash them last or use a separate sponge
- Soak the bowls in a mixture of water and bleach (1/2 cup of bleach per gallon of water) for 10 minutes, then rinse thoroughly and air dry
- Always thoroughly rinse to get rid of any soapy residue
French Bull 2IN1 Pet Bowl is perfect for your pet!
The French Bull 2IN1 Pet Bowl is a stylish food and water bowl for both cats and dogs. It’s great for both wet and dry food, and comes in trendy colors and designs that will brighten up your pet’s feeding time.
One French Bull 2IN1 Pet Bowl includes two pet bowls: the BPA-free plastic bowl and the stainless steel insert. The plastic bowl has a non-slip base, perfect for those messy eaters who love pushing the bowl around.
The French Bull 2IN1 Pet Bowl comes in two different sizes, 12 oz (small) and 24 oz (medium), as well as two different eye-catching designs, Ziggy and Twiggy.